Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Motherhood: All love begins and ends there. ~ Robert Browning

Children are the anchors of a mother’s life. ~ Sophocles


There is only one mother for any of us, as we can only have one, make her your favorite ~ Laurie L. Grant

Mother Earth loves us back on Mother's Day ~Laurie L. Grant

The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. ~Theodore Hesburgh



The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven. ~William Goldsmith Brown

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother. ~ Abraham Lincoln


I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~ Abraham Lincoln

That best academy, a mother’s knee. Heaven on Earth at mother’s feet. ~James Russell Lowell

Life began with waking up and loving my mother’s face. ~ George Eliot


Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws. ~ Barbara Kingsolver

Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved. ~ Erich Fromm



Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray

A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers. - Jewish Proverb

A young boy said to his mother, 'How old were you when I was born?' His mother replied, '23.' 'Wow, that's a lot of time we missed spending together.'

M-O-T-H-E-R

"M" is for the million things she gave me,

"O" means only that she's growing old,

"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,

"H" is for her heart of purest gold;

"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,

"R" means right, and right she'll always be,

Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"

A person that means the world to me.





No comments: